Evans County Schools System Goals
I. College and Career Readiness
GOAL 1: We will increase the percentage of graduates to be equal to or exceeding the district graduation goal, with 100% of graduates prepared to be successful in post-secondary learning.
- Develop, communicate, and implement the Evans County Framework and District Strategic Plan.
- Foster, within the district and broader community, a culture of trust, collaboration, and joint responsibility for improvement of learning and teaching.
- Build capacity and understanding within the district and school leadership teams about poverty factors which affect our students.
- Build support for district and school goals and initiatives by engaging stakeholders, including school board members, to improve learning and teaching.
- Establish a process to align policies, procedures, and practices with laws and regulations.
- Increase stakeholder access to information through various face-to-face events, social media platforms, electronic messaging, Internet applications, and websites.
GOAL 2: We will annually increase our district College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI) score by closing 5% of the gap between the CCRPI baseline score and 100.
- Establish highly functioning PLCS, utilizing the Georgia Leadership Institute for School Improvement (GLISI) Model to develop school improvement plans
- Increase reading and writing proficiencies at all grade levels
- Implement a standards-based measuring and monitoring system for student achievement
- Implement a comprehensive and fully aligned K-12 guidance plan
- Engages, guides, supports, and evaluates all schools in the implementation of curriculum, assessments, and instruction.
II. Resource Optimization
GOAL 3: Require the allotment of resources to attain district and school goals for student learning.
- Administer a clearly defined, collaborative, data-driven budget process ensuring the equitable, efficient, and transparent distribution of resources within a balanced budget.
- Allocate and monitor resources to support learning and teaching.
- Develop and implement processes to maintain facilities and equipment ensuring an environment that is safe and conducive to learning.
- Utilize new and existing technologies to support instruction and learning, engage students, and improve process efficiencies.
III. Stakeholder and Community Engagement
GOAL 4: Increase our stakeholder engagement and student supports for student learning.
- Develop and implement a common process to recruit, hire, and retain effective teachers, leaders, and staff.
- Improve school climate ratings by 5% annually through a Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS) and support services
- Develop partnerships with parents, community organizations and employers to support student learning.
- Establishes and implements processes that increase the effectiveness of teachers