Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support (PBIS)
What is PBIS?
Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) is a general term that refers to the application of positive interventions and system changes to achieve socially important behavior change. It is based on a problem-solving model and aims to prevent inappropriate behavior through teaching and reinforcing appropriate behaviors.
The Tiger Code
Come Prepared, Have a Purpose, Show Respect (CHS)
- The Tiger Code is the teaching/learning component of our PBIS program.
- The Tiger Code framework addresses appropriate student behavior in
different school environments.
- CHS Rubrics are posted throughout the school and in classrooms to remind
students of appropriate behavior in different locations.
- Tiger Code review – teach these behaviors from day one and intermittently
throughout the school year as needed.
- The PBIS team will determine specific school behavioral needs (based on
data) as related to the Tiger Code and formulate an action plan.